LA | Hot Mess Momma Club Ringleader
The latest blog posts written by our ringleader, LA.
- Mind Your Own MotherhoodHave you ever been walking through Target and saw some kid having a total meltdown over a toy only to be absolutely FLOORED when the mom puts the toy in the cart & the kiddo stops crying? Have you ever been eating somewhere and been totally SHOCKED when you saw a mom fill her kid’s bottle up with sweet tea? Have you ever been scrolling through social media and been BAFFLED when you come across a picture of your friend’s child wearing an absolutely inappropriate outfit? Have you ever been APPALLED when you saw a kid at the park running […]
- No Spend September 2021I think I say this every year but CAN YOU BELIEVE WE ARE ALREADY IN SEPTEMBER? Like hello fall, football season, flannel shirts, pumpkin everything, & cooler temps! Along with alllllll the fall fun comes our annual tradition: NO SPEND SEPTEMBER! Its an annual tradition and each year I swear I am going to be 100% committed and for the most part I do ok….except for that one year that I bought a car in the middle of NSS….This year’s challenge is that I will be moving into a new house during the month of September and the desire to […]
- Why?This is an emotional post written off the cuff. The whys are asking in no particular order. These are purely rhetorical and need no answer. These whys run through my head daily, on repeat. Next time you want to judge, gossip, or offer up “advice” please think twice. Your one moment of ignorance could be the straw that breaks the camel’s back. Why Q? Why my baby? Why are innocent children having to deal with such hard & grown up things? Why the f*ck is it called “special” needs? Why was I picked to be a special needs mom? Why […]
- Beauty Must HavesWe’re officially in 2021…not like “Happy New Year” but more like we’re settled in with 2021…the holidays are over…football champions have been declared…we’ve changed presidents….we’re getting better at remembering the correct year when we write a check….you know, we’re like officially WITH 2021. While we’re really only 6-ish weeks in, we’ve already had plenty of time to start…hit a snag…give up…restart…and hit another snag in our pursuit of our word/phrase of the year. We’re only on Month 2 and already I’ve broken my “Less is More”…however, by the time my purchase arrived, I was back on the bandwagon & quickly […]
- My Trashy MessThis is a [true] story about research, failures, wins, & loses that happened over the course of 3 months. When this journey began, I REALLY underestimated the level of frustration & amount of time that would soon be involved. This is a story about how finding the perfect…wait for it….garbage can. GARBAGE CAN. Let that sink in. It took me FOUR…count them 1…2…3…4….months to find the perfect garbage can for my kitchen. Now, before I go into this story I want to throw a few things out there. 1) I would not consider my super high maintenance in regards to […]
- Word Of The Year: 2021Y’all. It is 2021! TWENTY TWENTY ONE. I know we are all glad to put 2020 in the rearview mirror and move forward! We’ve got a little tradition around the club that takes place around the first of every year….it is time for said tradition…announcing our word/phrase to focus the new year around. My 2020 was supposed to be focused around “pursue” and my pursing my goals in my personal & professional life. I am not calling 2020 a total failure –other than my weight–I wanted to pursue weight loss and ended up gaining weight thanks to a dumb liver […]