LA | Hot Mess Momma Club Ringleader
The latest blog posts written by our ringleader, LA.
- Why?This is an emotional post written off the cuff. The whys are asking in no particular order. These are purely rhetorical and need no answer. These whys run through my head daily, on repeat. Next time you want to judge, gossip, or offer up “advice” please think twice. Your one moment of ignorance could be the straw that breaks the camel’s back. Why Q? Why my baby? Why are innocent children having to deal with such hard & grown up things? Why the f*ck is it called “special” needs? Why was I picked to be a special needs mom? Why […]
- Beauty Must HavesWe’re officially in 2021…not like “Happy New Year” but more like we’re settled in with 2021…the holidays are over…football champions have been declared…we’ve changed presidents….we’re getting better at remembering the correct year when we write a check….you know, we’re like officially WITH 2021. While we’re really only 6-ish weeks in, we’ve already had plenty of time to start…hit a snag…give up…restart…and hit another snag in our pursuit of our word/phrase of the year. We’re only on Month 2 and already I’ve broken my “Less is More”…however, by the time my purchase arrived, I was back on the bandwagon & quickly […]
- My Trashy MessThis is a [true] story about research, failures, wins, & loses that happened over the course of 3 months. When this journey began, I REALLY underestimated the level of frustration & amount of time that would soon be involved. This is a story about how finding the perfect…wait for it….garbage can. GARBAGE CAN. Let that sink in. It took me FOUR…count them 1…2…3…4….months to find the perfect garbage can for my kitchen. Now, before I go into this story I want to throw a few things out there. 1) I would not consider my super high maintenance in regards to […]
- Word Of The Year: 2021Y’all. It is 2021! TWENTY TWENTY ONE. I know we are all glad to put 2020 in the rearview mirror and move forward! We’ve got a little tradition around the club that takes place around the first of every year….it is time for said tradition…announcing our word/phrase to focus the new year around. My 2020 was supposed to be focused around “pursue” and my pursing my goals in my personal & professional life. I am not calling 2020 a total failure –other than my weight–I wanted to pursue weight loss and ended up gaining weight thanks to a dumb liver […]
- Big Big PlansWe are finally entering the last week of 2020! Can I get an amen?!? Y’all, this year has been a doozy. Nobody could have predicted the craziness that 2020 would bring. I am cautiously optimistic that 2021 will be better. While I can’t guarantee we won’t have another year of pandemic & political chaos, I can guarantee we’re going to have some fun around the Hot Mess Momma Club! Here are just some of the fun things I have lined up for 2021: -Small Biz Sunday –We’ve actually had this one going for a few months but my plans for […]
- Sick & TiredFull disclaimer: I try to keep my personal opinions to myself and off the internet but I am just flat out OVER.IT!!!!!I am not sorry for my personal opinions. I will not debate my position. If you’re totally in love with this COVID way of life and looking for an argument, you should click that X now. Also, this was typed on my cell phone so expect spelling & grammatical errors. If I proof-read this before publishing, I will change things up in an effort to be more PC rather than authentically pissed off. I am sick and tired of […]