Since all the celebs are doing it…here are my answers to Vogue’s 75 questions!
1. On a scale of 1-10, how excited are you about life right now? 8-I am still fresh on my “Word Of The Year” high. I am excited about my plans for the year.
2. Describe yourself in a hashtag? #hotmess obviously
3. If you could do a love scene with anyone, who would it be? I am not really into the whole celeb crush thing so really I have no clue but I guess CT from MTV’s Real World.
4. If your life was a musical, what would the marquee say? uhm TBH I’ve never seen a musical to know what the marquee’s typically say…so….I can’t answer this one.
5. What’s one thing people don’t know about you? This is hard. I live my life like an open book….something people don’t know about me…I like even numbers…to the point that I count a lot of things secretly. Like how many bites of something I have had, the volume on the radio/tv, etc.
6. What’s your wakeup ritual? 5:45am my first alarm goes off…snooze…6am second alarm goes off. If it’s a good day, I get up. If it’s a rough day, I snooze again til like 6:30. I do everything the night before so that literally all I have to do is get myself and Q presentable and we can walk out the door.
7. What’s your go to bed ritual? Scroll on my phone/watch YouTube til I can finally fall asleep.
8. What’s your favorite time of day? Q’s bed time…just keeping it real.
9. What is one thing no one knows about you? So apparently Vogue has to reuse questions because we’ve been here before…..
10. Dream country to visit? Honestly, I have no desire to leave the US. So I’ll tell you my states…New York, Colorado, and Hawaii.
11. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve had? The day we got the call that Q’s birth parents had picked us to be his momma and daddy.
12. Heels or flats/sneakers? Flats/sneakers…I used to be a heels kinda gal but motherhood.
13. Vintage or new? New. The word vintage makes me think of dusty thrift store crap. ick.
14. Who do you want to write your obituary? uhhhhh I assume J will just fill out some form at the funeral home and they’ll write something for him based on his answers.
15. Style icon? I swear I used to be so girly and now I am just…my style icon is whoever is designing for Target at the current moment.
16. What are three things you can’t live without? Besides the obvious food/water/air….Electricity, my car, the internet
17. What’s one ingredient you put in everything? Garlic I guess
18. What 3 people living or dead would you like to make dinner for? I don’t even want to make dinner for my family so I d@mn sure don’t want to make dinner for anyone else….so literally my 3 people are J, Q, and I guess my momma.
19. What’s your biggest fear in life? See my Stick With Kindness post
20. Window or aisle seat? Aisle. I have to pee a lot.
21. What’s your current TV obsession? I’ve recently gotten into watching YouTube so that is really all I “watch”.
22. Favorite app? Insta! Without a doubt.
23. Secret talent? I think I suck…I have no secret talent…hell, I don’t have a regular talent.
24. Most adventurous thing you’ve done in your life? Adopting Q
25. How would you define yourself in three words? Type A, Emotional, Mess
26. Favorite piece of clothing you own? Faux leather camo leggings by Spanx. LIFE CHANGING.
27. Must have clothing item everyone should have? See above…those life-changing Spanx leggings.
28. Superpower you would want? I would love to be able to read people’s mind.
29. What’s inspiring you in life right now? Some recent YouTubers I have discovered.
30. Best piece of advice you’ve received? I read on a church sign once “Don’t uproot in doubt what you planted in faith.” and that stuck with me.
31. Best advice you’d give your teenage self? Move on. He ain’t the one. Move on again. He ain’t it either.
32. A book that everyone should read? Apparently the Tidying Up book…I haven’t read it YET but I am about to!
33. What would you like to be remembered for? This blog. This messy, crazy, awesome life I live.
34. How do you define beauty? Its in the eye of the beholder.
35. What do you love most about your body? Ha. I am the worst at Self Love….my hair?
36. Best way to take a rest/decompress? Go shopping ALONE.
37. Favorite place to view art? Not really the artsy kind so I guess my little art wall that Q uses to display his school stuff.
38. If your life were a song, what would the title be? “Tequila” by Dan + Shay
39. If you could master one instrument, what would it be? I don’t really want to play an instrument but I would love to be able to sing.
40. If you had a tattoo, where would it be? Been there. Done that. But I would love another little one on my ankle.
41. Dolphins or koalas? Koalas…they seem fat and happy.
42. What’s your spirit animal? Pig. They live in a mess. They are a mess. They like to eat.
43. Best gift you’ve ever received? QMonster hands down. Also, J got me a laptop for Christmas and honestly it’s a great gift because it was J’s way of saying “I believe in your blog too” and that means a lot.
44. Best gift you’ve ever give? I really pride myself on being a great gift giver so I have several here. I love giving personalized thoughtful gifts. I also like these types of gifts because I use little Etsy shops and I love shopping small businesses.
45. What’s your favorite board game? Life
46. What’s your favorite color? Yellow
47. Least favorite color? Brown
48. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds…if it shines, I am all about it.
49. Drugstore makeup or designer? Designer. You get what you pay for.
50. Blow-dry or air-dry? Air dry is my usual but blow-dry is my preference
51. Pilates or yoga? Neither.
52. Coffee or tea? Tea but not that southern sweet tea sh!t, like some iced white tea from Starbucks.
53. What’s the weirdest word in the English language? pneumonia mainly because as a 31 year old adult, I still can’t say it.
54. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate? Either just not white chocolate
55. Stairs or elevator? I need the stairs. I take the elevator
56. Summer or winter? Summer…hello birthday month!
57. You are stuck on an island, you can pick one food to eat forever without getting tired of it, what would you eat? Nachos
58. A desert you don’t like? Creme Brulee
59. A skill you’re working on mastering? Blogging
60. Best thing to happen to you today? I got up at the 6am alarm, no snooze button, which means I got out the door on time and that is a great thing.
61. Worst thing to happen to you today? The calendar read MONDAY instead of Friday.
62. Best compliment you’ve ever received? I don’t take compliments very well but the other morning I made some chocolate protein pancakes and Q told me to tell the whole city I was the best cooker!
63. Favorite smell? The beach. You know that smell.
64. Hugs or kisses? Kiss. Its quicker and requires less touching and for whatever reason I just don’t like tons of touching. I get claustrophobic.
65. If you made a documentary, what would it be about? Having a child with invisible special needs.
66. Last piece of content you consumed that made you cry? I read so many blogs about motherhood and they all make me cry. I recently read the one about the lady that unknowingly adopted siblings and of course I cried.
67. Lipstick or lip gloss? Stick
68. Sweet or savory? Sweet
69. Girl crush? Danielle Carolan. She is a college YouTuber I recently found and I am in AWE of how she manages her life.
70. How you know you’re in love? I think you just know. Its one of those gut things you just go with.
71. Song you can listen to on repeat? “Tequila” Dan + Shay and “90s Country” by Walker Hayes
72. If you could switch lives with someone for a day who would it be? Danielle Carolan….just to see how she manages her life so flawlessly.
73. What are you most excited about at this time in your life? My blog growing, Q learning so much and becoming so freaking smart
74. Your go to for having a good laugh? My framily…J and I are so lucky to have some of the best friends that have turned into family and we are always laughing together. Between our girl talks, ridiculous husbands, and silly kids we have a lot to laugh about.
75. Your affirmation for today? I’ll say it again for those in the back “Don’t uproot in doubt what you planted in faith!”
This was actually fun. I enjoyed the thought-provoking questions. I really would love to read yours too. If you answer them on your blog, social media, etc. link it below so I can read them!! (Use the image below to get a blank questionnaire to use on your social media pages.)